It’s the end of the first full week and we should be sending home some tired students at the end of the week. Year 7 have had a great day today doing a series of team building events designed to give them the confidence to build new friendships and to settle into school. At the other end of the age range Ms Evans was launching our theme for Year 11 GCSE success Dare 2 B. We want all students to dream big, to ask questions and to dare to believe in themselves.
I want to congratulate several of our students who have dared to be bold and confident.
- Stephanie Walton in Year 10 has secured a place with the Royal Shakespeare Companies Next Generation project. Securing one of only twenty places in the country.
- Jamie Thornton has been with The Leeds United Academy for several years and has just broken through to the Under 18’s team.
- Through our links with the Independent State Schools Partnership Amanda Paul sat her Latin GCSE examination and scored 395 out of 400, one question wrong!
Congratulations to all three of these York High pupils who are achieving amazing things by daring to believe in themselves.
The key message this week has been to our pupils about the 5 non negotiables that we expect from our pupils in every lesson.
Have a great weekend.
Rod Sims, YHS
NEXT WEEK & BEYOND:
Tuesday 19th September
- HPV jabs for Year 8 girls
Friday 15th September
- High ropes activity for Year 11’s to build the confidence to 'Dare 2 b'
Wednesday 27th September
- GCSE expectations for Year 10 and 11 parents (6pm)